13 Cleveland-area nonprofits compete for prize that includes 100 service hours and $5,000 cash donation
CLEVELAND, OH (July 1, 2021) — Schauer Group, the region’s innovative risk management, business insurance and human capital services firm, has announced that 13 Cleveland-area nonprofits are finalists in the company’s Century of Service Nonprofit Award program.
The Century of Service program is designed to provide nonprofits who are physically located in or offer services in the Cleveland metro area the opportunity to compete for an awards package that includes a donation of 100 service hours from Schauer Group associates and a one-time cash donation of $5,000.
- America SCORES Cleveland: To inspire youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world.
- Butterflies Landing: to influence, empower and mentor women who struggle with substance abuse, mental health issues, and readjusting to society after being incarcerated.
- The City Mission: To provide help and hope to all people through the transforming power of God’s love.
- Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank: To foster improved literacy and a love of reading by providing free books to children through community partnerships.
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: To support survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promote healing and prevention and advocate for social change.
- Cornerstone of Hope: To provide support, education, and hope for the grieving.
- Empower Sports: To enrich the lives of athletes of diverse challenges through sports and exercise while promoting kindness, character, and tolerance.
- Engage! Cleveland: To attract, engage and retain young, diverse talent to Greater Cleveland by connecting young professionals to people, jobs, organizations, and events.
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission: To promote increased media production in Northeast Ohio using effective strategies for attraction and workforce development including building an artistic infrastructure through film.
- The Haven Home: To serve under-resourced women and their children by empowering sustainable independence.
- Pathway Caring for Children: To help children and families realize the possibilities of their lives through foster care, adoption, and counseling.
- Providence House: To protect at-risk children and support families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect.
- Steven G. Cancer Foundation: To build community and support for the AYA (Adolescent and Young Adult) cancer community through wellness, storytelling, education, and research.
Finalists were selected by a panel of Schauer Group associates based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to: quality of application, demonstration of need and alignment with Schauer Group company core values. Schauer Group has provided a voting portal online at SchauerGroup.com/vote that launches July 2.
Voting will take place from Friday, July 2, through Friday, July 16. Voting will be open to the community at large, including any employees, board members and clients of the competing organizations. Individuals may cast one single vote each day during the voting window.
The finalist organization who receives the most votes when voting concludes on July 16, will receive the Century of Service donation from Schauer Group. The winner of the Century of Service Award—receiving 100 service hours and a $5,000 donation—will be announced on Monday, July 19.
ABOUT SCHAUER GROUP
Based in Canton, Ohio, Schauer Group, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned insurance and risk management firms in Ohio, providing risk management, business insurance, human capital services, employee benefits, contract surety, and personal insurance to a variety of clients nationwide. As the nation’s first ISO Registered Independent Insurance Agency, Schauer Group maintains a commitment to quality and excellence, achieving an industry-leading 95 percent client retention rate. The fourth-generation, family-owned company is celebrating its 102nd anniversary in 2021.