Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank wins Century of Service Award for 2021!
Schauer Group, the region’s innovative risk management, business insurance and human capital services firm, has announced that Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank, a Cleveland-area nonprofit that is dedicated to fostering improved literacy and a love of reading by providing free books to children through community partnerships, has won the company’s Century of Service Nonprofit Award program for 2021.
An impressive total of 13 finalists were selected by a panel of Schauer Group associates based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to: quality of application, demonstration of need and alignment with Schauer Group company core values. Community voting took place from July 2 through July 16.
Century of Service 2021 finalists
The team at Schauer Group thanks and congrats the following exceptional finalists for participating in the Century of Service Nonprofit Award program process and for their work in our community!
- America SCORES Cleveland: To inspire youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world.
- Butterflies Landing: to influence, empower and mentor women who struggle with substance abuse, mental health issues, and readjusting to society after being incarcerated.
- The City Mission: To provide help and hope to all people through the transforming power of God’s love.
- Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank: To foster improved literacy and a love of reading by providing free books to children through community partnerships.
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: To support survivors of rape and sexual abuse, promote healing and prevention and advocate for social change.
- Cornerstone of Hope: To provide support, education, and hope for the grieving.
- Empower Sports: To enrich the lives of athletes of diverse challenges through sports and exercise while promoting kindness, character, and tolerance.
- Engage! Cleveland: To attract, engage and retain young, diverse talent to Greater Cleveland by connecting young professionals to people, jobs, organizations, and events.
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission: To promote increased media production in Northeast Ohio using effective strategies for attraction and workforce development including building an artistic infrastructure through film.
- The Haven Home: To serve under-resourced women and their children by empowering sustainable independence.
- Pathway Caring for Children: To help children and families realize the possibilities of their lives through foster care, adoption, and counseling.
- Providence House: To protect at-risk children and support families through crisis, strengthening communities to end child abuse and neglect.
- Steven G. Cancer Foundation: To build community and support for the AYA (Adolescent and Young Adult) cancer community through wellness, storytelling, education, and research.
Finalists were selected by a panel of Schauer Group associates based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to: quality of application, demonstration of need and alignment with Schauer Group company core values. Public voting took place from July 2-16, 2021.