A Schauer Group employee benefits client is focused on long-term cost control—not just plan design and product shopping.
We acutely understand the challenges your business faces when it comes to structuring employee benefits for your company. The process is complex. You are facing rising premium costs, medical inflation, increased prescription costs and regulatory uncertainty. Meanwhile, stretched resources, technology and the impact of wellness all create a lack of control when it comes to employee benefits for your company and your employees.
With Schauer’s employee benefits analysis process, the objective is to identify the goals of your organization and wrap services and products around those goals.
Schauer is the right strategic employee benefits partner to:
- Guide you to the employee benefits strategies that are intentional and with purpose,
- Help you make decisions that are reflective of your company culture,
- Bridge the gap between both the employer and employee view of benefits.
When formulating your employee benefits package, we can accomplish these goals without losing sight of the need to control costs.
Employee Benefits Analysis Process
Similar to Schauer’s overarching risk management process, we take a detailed and analytical approach to developing a customized employee benefits plan for your business.
Step 1 – Identify Organizational Goals
Schauer surveys employees, reviews employee benefit plan design, conducts a cost/benefit analysis, analyzes medical and prescription claims and provider network and strategizes ancillary benefits.
Step 2 – Analyze and Develop Strategies
Schauer works to understand the root cause of employee benefit plan costs and ways to control costs using real client data for your business.
Step 3 – Implement Strategies
Schauer puts the chosen employee benefit plan into action.
Step 4 – Monitor Plan and Manage
Schauer periodically checks that the plan is performing as expected, making adjustments as needed to maximize results. We provide employee support before, during and after plan implementation of your employee benefit analysis process. A Schauer team member meets with employees during enrollment to explain your plan and answer questions. And we are there if the time comes to present any changes to your plan.
The Schauer Approach to Employee Benefits
Schauer Group has designed a host of solutions to support your employee benefits strategies, allowing you to focus more time on attraction and retention.
Strategy and Development
- Plan design
- Program goals
- Employer and employee contribution strategy
- Funding options
- Prescription management
Insurance Company Relationships/Competition
- Negotiate pricing and coverage options
- Network analysis
- Program coordination and engagement
- On-site clinics/nurses
- Teaching consumerism
- Understanding costs of care
- Transparency tools
- Frequency of visits
- Cost drivers
- Claims Review
Compliance & Trends
- Regulatory changes and impacts
- Healthcare reform
- Fee notifications and support
- Form 1094/1095 support
- ERISA support
- Benchmarking vs. industry
- Custom trend lines
- Market conditions
Employee Benefits product offerings:
- Health Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Short/Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Other ancillary products, including, HSA, HRA, FSA, hospital indemnity, cancer, accident and more
Human Resources Support
- Enrollment and eligibility review
- Coordinate with benefit administration platform
- Invoice auditing
- Carrier communication
- Termination support
- Open enrollment coordination
- New hire packets
- Total Compensation Statement
- Meaningful education material
- Claims advocacy and management
- Key point of contact for employees
Beyond the human resources functions aligned with your employee benefits administration, Schauer offers a suite of robust human capital services to strategically guide you to greater talent attraction and retention.