In continued celebration of our 100+ years of supporting the community, Schauer Group is hosting the “Century of Service” donation program in 2022.
The program, now in its third year, is designed to provide local nonprofits the opportunity to apply, and if selected as a finalist, compete for an awards package that includes a donation of 100 service hours from Schauer Group associates and a one-time cash donation of $5,000.
- The winning organization will receive a total of 100 aggregate hours of service from Schauer Group associates and their families.
- The structure of donated service hours (including how many associates will be working concurrently and over what period of time) will be determined based upon the winning organization’s needs and the date(s) the service will take place. Organizations will have the opportunity to describe their service needs during the application process.
- Service hours will be donated between August and September 2022.
- The winning organization will also receive a one-time tax-deductible cash donation of $5,000.
HOW IT WORKS
- Eligible organizations can apply online from June 1-25, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed by a panel of Schauer Group associates, and finalists will be selected and announced on Wednesday, June 29, 2022 based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to: quality of application, demonstration of need and alignment with Schauer Group company core values.
- Once finalists are announced, Schauer Group will open up a voting portal for the community at large online at SchauerGroup.com/vote, and finalists will be encouraged to promote voting to their constituents and supporters from July 1-19, 2022.
- The finalist organization that receives the most votes when voting concludes will receive the Century of Service donation from Schauer Group and this winner will be announced on July 22, 2022.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Nonprofit, 501c3 organizations who are physically located in or offer significant services in the greater Cleveland Metro area.
- There are no eligibility limitations based on type or category of nonprofit, with the exception of politically-focused organizations.
- Previous winners of the Century of Service Nonprofit Donation program are NOT eligible to apply or compete. Finalists may apply and compete in future years.
COMMUNITY VOTING PROCESS
- Voting dates will be from July 1 to July 19, 2022.
- Voting will be open to the community at large, including any employees, board members or clients of the competing organizations.
- Individuals may cast one single vote each day during the voting window.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Schauer Group, Inc. is not affiliated with, and does not agree to endorse the products, services, or mission of any Applicant or Finalist.
- Application is not a guarantee of selection. The means of selecting Finalists shall be at the sole discretion of Schauer Group, Inc. All decisions are final.
- By applying for a Century of Service donation, Applicant agrees to allow Schauer Group, Inc. to use its name and/or logo in promotional activities. Applicants and Finalists agree to permit the use of photography and other media on its premise(s) during the Service Hours for promotional purposes by Schauer Group, Inc.
- Applicants and Finalists agree to Indemnify and Hold Harmless Schauer Group, Inc., its Directors and Officers, Shareholders, Agents and Employees, Successors and Assigns from and against all claims and liabilities, of any kind and character, arising from the Century of Service program.