Six Cleveland-area nonprofits compete for prize that includes 100 service hours and $5,000 cash donation
CLEVELAND, OH (June 30, 2022) — Schauer Group, the region’s innovative risk management, business insurance and human capital services firm, has announced that six Cleveland-area nonprofits are finalists in the company’s Century of Service Nonprofit Award program.
The Century of Service program is designed to provide nonprofits who are physically located in or offer services in the Cleveland metro area the opportunity to compete for an awards package that includes a donation of 100 service hours from Schauer Group associates and a one-time cash donation of $5,000.
- America SCORES Cleveland: To inspire youth to lead healthy lives, be engaged students, and have the confidence and character to make a difference in the world.
- Family Resource Center of Wickliffe: To bring together services and activities that educate, develop skills, and promote health and well-being in order to improve the outcomes of students, families, and individuals in our NE Ohio community and beyond.
- Fostering Hope Ohio: To connect and enrich youth who live in residential treatment and foster care with unique experiences of hope and healing.
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission: To promote increased media production in Northeast Ohio using effective strategies for attraction and workforce development including building an artistic infrastructure through film.
- Greater Cleveland Habitat for Humanity: To provide everyone with a safe, decent and affordable place to live, connecting Cleveland families to affordable homeownership.
- North Coast Community Homes:To provide a stable, safe, and supportive home environment, and develop and preserve safe, high-quality homes where individuals living with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges can lead lives of dignity, self-expression, and connection.
Finalists were selected by a panel of Schauer Group associates based upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to: quality of application, demonstration of need and alignment with Schauer Group company core values. Schauer Group has provided a voting portal online at SchauerGroup.com/vote that launches July 1.
Voting will take place from Friday, July 1, through Tuesday, July 19. Voting will be open to the community at large, including any employees, board members and clients of the competing organizations. Individuals may cast one single vote each day during the voting window.
The finalist organization that receives the most votes when voting concludes on July 19, will receive the Century of Service donation from Schauer Group. The winner of the Century of Service Award—receiving 100 service hours and a $5,000 donation—will be announced on Frida, July 22.
ABOUT SCHAUER GROUP
Based in Canton, Ohio, Schauer Group, Inc. is one of the largest independently owned insurance and risk management firms in Ohio, providing risk management, business insurance, human capital services, employee benefits, contract surety, and personal insurance to a variety of clients nationwide. As the nation’s first ISO Registered Independent Insurance Agency, Schauer Group maintains a commitment to quality and excellence, achieving an industry-leading 95 percent client retention rate. The fourth-generation, family-owned company is celebrating its 103rd anniversary in 2022.